Monday, January 17, 2011

Bubbles

I got into a heated discussion with a girl on Facebook who was complaining about people posting 'political and depressing' stuff on their feeds ... how nothings going to change anyway so why worry about it - she liked living in her 'bubble' ... her last response to me was this:

"Current events was never a passing class, because I just don't have it in me to worry about all the ugliness in the world, I stress enough as it is about the small things, I don't need to be consumed with the weight of world, nation, or even my local city. They've done fine without me, and will continue to do so into the future.

Right now, the only things I need to worry about are my immediate family and the pets. And making sure there's enough gas to get to work in the morning. That's it. I like it that way.

I have a job that I love, I don't work for the money, and I'm well taken care of. I like my life, I don't need it cluttered up with drama far away. Tragedy will always happen, same as joyful occasions, that's just how life is."