Friday, July 9, 2010

Louis C.K.'s Extraordinary Ten Minutes of Gay TV | AfterElton.com

Louis C.K.'s Extraordinary Ten Minutes of Gay TV | AfterElton.com

A couple of salient points in the article:
That prompted Louis to ask Crom and their conversation was the basis for the poker table discussion viewers saw in the episode. "I kept [what he told me] inside," says Louie. "And what I learned from it. ... It didn't tell me not to use that word or any other word, but it did tell me take responsibility for the words you use, to know their impact."

-------------

Asked about the idea that words like "faggot" should never be used because it's too offensive, Louis says, "I want to point out that there may be gay people who hear me use that word and talk abut this stuff, that might be offended by other things that I do, but point to this as an example of getting these words out there, getting the worst of your thoughts out there in a safe place like comedy can lead you to moments like this where 'Hey, we all just learned something. That's interesting!'